Yes! Anyone can join FindAMate absolutely FOR FREE!
Fill out the registration form on our website, complete your profile, upload one photo or more, and you will be ready to start using FindAMate.com. Just look through the profiles of your potential matches and choose those members who interest you most.
To upload photos, follow the steps below:
- From your Home Page, Click on “Edit Profile”
- From here, you can either click on the plus sign (+) next to your photo, or click on the icon that says “Edit Photos” in the navigation bar
- You can then click on “Select Photo” to browse your folders for a suitable photo to upload, or drag and drop
- Take the Right Photos. Great photographs are a must; even a top-notch profile description won’t be effective without them.
- Structure Your Description. Chances are, anyone using a dating app probably won’t have the same attention span as someone reading a novel.
- Encourage Conversation. With how convenient dating apps are, users tend to browse through dozens of profiles in a minute.
- Watch Your Wording. You want to be concise but include as much important information as you can about yourself, as it shows to your partner how exciting and interesting you
- Get Some Pointers. Run a draft of your profile through a friend or family member for outside advice before publishing.
- Talk on the Phone Before a Date
- Wait until you feel comfortable before meeting in person
- Do a little digging. While there’s some stigma attached to “Facebook stalking” potential dates, you shouldn’t feel bad about doing a little social media research before meeting someone for the first time.
- Tell someone where you’re going. When you make plans with someone you met on a dating app, always tell a trusted friend or family member where you’re going.
- Meet publicly. The first time you meet up with someone, do so in a public place where there are plenty of other people around—restaurants, bars, movie theaters, coffee shops
- Provide your own transportation. On a similar note, it’s best to provide your own transportation to the date, even if it’s just taking a cab or the subway.